Businesses and individuals who do business and/or reside in foreign countries have unique tax considerations, which if misunderstood can be very costly.
Katz & Co., has decades of experience working with businesses and individuals in creating international taxation strategies.
For companies doing business across borders, International Taxation is fast becoming one of the single largest compliance burdens and expense items. Hard-pressed governments across the world see raising tax rates or increased audits and administrative requirements to trigger fines and interest penalties as a key component of supporting their revenue bases. Add the lack of harmonization between the jurisdictions, and the burden can quickly seem overwhelming
International Taxation Services by our accountants in Bethesda
» Export Tax Incentives
» Structuring of Foreign Investments (Outbound)
» Structuring of U.S. Investments (Inbound)
» Anti-Deferral Tax Strategies
» International M&A
» Transfer Pricing
Katz&Co works with individuals who are:
- Foreign nationals
- Americans living and working abroad
- Americans working for international organizations
Compliance with both American and foreign tax regulations is complex. Katz&Co will use its expertise to ensure you get full value in tax credits for foreign taxes paid and will prevent penalties from common filling mistakes.
Compliance and eligibility for tax credits will be verified taking the burden off the individual
Individual international tax services include:.
- Earned Income Exclusion (Living and Working Abroad)
- Expatriation Planning (Renouncing Citizenship)
- Non-residents with Financial Activities (FDAP)
- Non-residents own
Some of the following issues can present challenges with which we can assist you:
- Foreign-earned income exclusion
- Physical presence test
- Bona fide residence test
- Foreign housing exclusion or deduction
- Preparation for IRS Forms 2555, 673, FBAR and related forms.
- Advise on US State tax regulations for ex-pats and foreign nationals.
- Foreign tax credit
- Impact of tax treaties and visa status on tax-ability of US-source income
- Moves between foreign countries
- Preparation of Forms 1040NR and 1042S
Our experienced Bethesda tax specialists prepare federal and state returns, maintain in-depth knowledge of and inform clients about changes in regulations and international taxation issues that can impact their international tax liabilities and have in-depth experience representing organizations and taxpayers before the IRS.
You can find out more about our services in Bethesda by following the links above or e-mail or phone us for more information.